Sunday, November 7, 2010

OUR WEEKEND

We had a real low key weekend. I had to leave work early on Friday after a call from the school nurse. Coco was running a fever, tummy ache and headache. She is much better after some rest and meds.

Saturday we jus tlayed around and watched TV. We rented Karate Kid. I was so surprised at what a good movie this was. Jaden Smith did a wonderful job. I would totally recommend this movie.


We packed our Shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. We have participated in this for several years and I love doing it. I love buying and packing these with a little girl or boy in mind. Coco and I both made up a box and then Scott wanted to do one for a little boy. This is a great project and you still have time to participate. You can find all the info at http://www.operationchristmaschild.com/



Our Girl Scout troop tied fleece blankets at our last meeting for Project Linus. This is an organization that provides blankets for children at shelters, hospitals, etc. I had to finish sewing the labels on all the blankets today.


A very enjoyable weekend.
This week we have a holiday so I get Thursday off and I am taking Friday off too. I am so looking forward to a 4 day weekend and hope to get some preparation done for Christmas decorating. I think Scott might have me doing demo on our bathroom instead. We'll see no matter what I will love having a couple of days off to spend on something I want to do!!!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

What wonderful things accomplished this weekend! Glad Coco is better. Thanks for reminding me to get some shoe boxes done!