Tuesday, December 25, 2012

CHRISTMAS RECAP

 
 
Our Christmas has not been the usual season filled with traditions and events. My stepdad had a massive heart attack on December 13th. I spent that night in the hospital with my mom. He flatlined twice and the doctors gave him 1% chance of making it through the night. He made it through and was taken to Little Rock the next day which was Friday. He was not a candidate for open heart surgery or heart transplant. On Tuesday he got a Heartmate installed and is getting better everyday.This machine is allowing him to live. It works the left side of his heart. He has only 4.8% of the heart now. He was moved to a regular room yesterday from ICU. I went down to Little Rock this past weekend and stayed with Mom. Luckily she has a hotel across the street from the hospital so she can at least go and get a good nights sleep.
 
Being gone over the weekend and recovering from the stress I have felt horrible. I don't know if I am coming down with something or just having some depression from everything going on. This is the first time we have not been with Mom on Christmas ever and even at my age it has been a hard day.
 
Scott and Coco went to his parents for Christmas Eve I was so exhausted and felt bad so I stayed in bed. Very lame and Coco was disappointed. Not my finest hour.
 
Christmas morning she woke us before 5am. We got up and opened gifts, she didn't like the leather jacket or the sweaters. Ugggg teens!
I made french toast for breakfast. The weather people told us all week that we were going to have a lot of snow in our area and down in Little Rock so we cancelled going down there to see Mom and Kenny. Well it hasn't even rained a drop. It did rain and sleet most of the day in Little Rock so we could have been stuck there.
 
We all took morning naps. Went out to see Parental Guidance at the theatre but it was sold out for that showing. Came back and watched Trouble with the Curve which I had bought Scott for Christmas. Great movie we enjoyed that.
 
I gave them the choice of traditional Christmas meal of Ham, Dressing, all the fixins or just snack foods all day. They both picked snack foods I think they may have been worried about me making dressing since it would have been the first time. We have had cheese dip, potato skins, spinach dip.
 
Here are a few photos I took this morning. I am sad that we don't have more.
 
Coco and Abbi in her Christmas PJ's

Abbi playing
 

Stockings are filled

Presents wrapped and ready

Christmas morning. Coco always wants us to go first, she brings us our gifts and we open first.

Coco opening her stocking, she had movies, cd's, makeup, bear claw back scratcher, candy, mustache sucker etc

Soft fuzzy blanket that she wanted.
Her big gift was a new IPOD but I ended up
giving it to her before Christmas since she
was with me Thanksgiving night when we
bought it.

3 comments:

Debby said...

I think some holidays are rough to get through. Your spirits will improve. If they don't it may be a sort of depression. My father had 7 bu pass surgeries on the 24th of Dec. As soon as we got home from his surgery, warmed up some chili, the phone rang. He had hemorraghed and was back in surgery, chest open again. We didn't get to see him til after the surgery. We drove the two hours back at the hospital with my mother leaving our children alone at home on Christmas. It wasn't our finest hour either but he survived and we had many great Christmases afterwards.
Hang in there and I hope you feel better.

Kelley said...

I am praying for you. I know this is a rough time. I completely understand. I think we get down when we rip and run. I bet you will feel a little better with some rest. Hope your Mom and step dad are doing ok. He sounds like a fighter.

Anonymous said...

The st layer is extremely breathable permitting dampness to escape [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#500]north face jackets on sale[/URL] . There are also Feel Factors that wick moisture away to the outer layer that spreads out making it possible for that to dry almost 2 situations a lot quicker then 100 % cotton.Polartec Wind Professional - In the event you don normal fleece you are aware of of the wind can [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#744]north face denali[/URL] ideal via it. Which is no longer the case using this type of fleece.