Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I HATE DIETING

You have probably noticed my new widget for weightloss. I am tackling this mountain this year. For the first time really. I have been overweight for the past 10 years and each year I have gained. Growing up I was always a skinny minny. I was wearing little girls 14 size clothes my senior year and didn't hit 100 lbs until my 20's.

After Coco was born I lost all the baby weight and when she was about 2 years old I started gaining, that was mid 30's. Each year I have watched that scale creep up but didn't have any desire to do anything about it. Boy I wish I had done something that first year. Now the weight I have to lose is MOUNTAINOUS. I never would have imagined back then that I would be 100 lbs overweight.

That is the reason you never see photos of me on the blog and even my facebook has a photo of me 4 years ago still heavy but not near where I am today. I think the 40's and having a hysterectomy in 2007 have really made a difference also.

So all that to say I HATE DIETING. It is like as soon as I commit to this I am starving all the time and craving everything under the sun. Before I wouldn't worry about what to eat next, if I didn't have supper cooked I could eat a bowl of cereal and be fine.

Here is a sample of what I used to eat and now what I am trying to eat.
Before:
B- Chick fil biscuit, packet of mayo, medium coke
L- Chick fil a grilled chicken salad with fruit, ranch dressing, medium coke
S- we may have chicken/rice, green beans, glass of coke
Snacks- package of nutter butters or a couple of brownies
Whatever

Now:
B- Oatmeal, 1-2 eggs, 1 slice of toast with little butter, 1/2 glass grape juice, 1 can coke
L- 2 cups salad greens, carrot, broccoli, red pepper, dried cranberries, few walnuts,  light ranch, 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 cup butternut squash, 32 oz tea
S- Baked tiliapia, Salad, steamed veggies, tea
Snacks- yogurt, ww cheese stick or ww cheese wedge w/ pita chips

I have a bad habit of always having a coke on my desk or on the counter when at home. I am trying to switch that to tea with half the sugar than we normally put in or diet sodas.

I am getting a lot more food on the diet and I think it is all in my head that I can't have certain things. Like the past few days I have caved in and eaten waffles with butter pecan syrup late in the evening. When I looked at the calories in that syrup I about croaked. It is 250 calories per 1/4 of cup. I didn't eat it often but I have really started liking pancakes and waffles this past year and this is my favorite syrup. I am going to have to just remove all the bad stuff out of the house. I did at least stop buying Coke for the house and I have been having only 1 each day.

I am trying to keep my calories under 1500 per day and eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch and pauper at supper. Walking on the treadmill in the mornings will work up to 30 minutes because right now I am getting shinsplints everytime. I hope I can work up to running. I also have been riding the stationary bike for a few minutes each evening. Tomorrow when those cravings hit me i am going to jump on the treadmill or bike for a few minutes, or brush my teeth, take a bubble bath, etc.

Have you climbed this weightloss mountain before? Any tips, good recipes or workouts would be much appreciated. Someday I hope to flood my blog and facebook with photos of my healthy self!!

Would love to hear your stories or struggles. Leave me a comment!
Cheers,
Pam

No comments: