Tuesday, October 19, 2010

RANDOMNESS

I have been super busy this month and it is not slowing down. BUT it has been full of fun stuff!

Tonight my Girl Scout troop went to a local food bank to help pack snack packs. These are bags of 8 individual snacks that are given to children at risk of not having enough food to eat at home. They are given out on Fridays at the schools in our area. There are over 30,000 kids that need these each week so that they will have something to eat over the weekends.

These are 7 of our girls that were able to come tonight. They had a wonderful time and worked so hard. They didn't play around or anything. So proud of them.


Coco and Amber packing away

Last week I had my first date with this guy. I was so worried about going that I had put it off. So glad I finally went and got it over with. It was not bad at ALL! Unfortunately, he called me back for a second date! I have to go back on Thursday for more pictures and possibly an ultrasound. So please say a prayer for me on Thursday at 2pm!
If you haven't had your mammogram GO NOW! It doesn't hurt at all and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Last week our troop also did a community service project with Project Linus. This is a group that makes blankets for children that are in the hospital, shelters etc. We tied 6 blankets in one hour. I have a huge bag of them waiting on another meeting! The girls loved this too.

Last Friday night I went to a Princess Banquet at my church. This was my first experience with this. One person hosted each table, brought her own decor, dishes etc. She set and decorated the table and invited women to join her for dinner. We also were treated to a special speaker, Holley Gerth from the INCOURAGE BLOG. She was wonderful and had a great message on God Sized Dreams. The tables were all so beautiful but I didn't get around to take photos of them all. Can't wait until next year to host my own table, maybe I will finally use my wedding china!

Some of the husbands did the serving of the meal. We had carmel apple porkchops, mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, green bean bundles and apple pie for dessert. Plain mashed potatoes will never work again! Really the best meal I have eaten in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time!

We are still in the throes of fall softball, for one more week at least!

So that is what I have been up to. Still have several events this month for girl scouts and my sweet man is having a milestone birthday next week.
Hoping November slows down a bit.
Blessings
Pam

No comments: