Monday, March 12, 2012

WEEK IN REVIEW

How about a post in bullet points!

-I have nothing to blog about in the past few weeks. I barely remember the past few weeks. All I have done for the past 4 months is work work work!! So grateful to have a job that keeps me very busy.

-I have discovered Kidd Craduck in the mornings. Love the banter with the group on the way to work.

-Scott is still power lifting and his arms and chest are super muscley.

-Coco is fast becoming a tweenager with lots of drama, emotion and chaos

-Abbi Lane is keeping us laughing

-This week marks the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts. Today March 12th is the birthday of the first Girl Scouts in America. We just spent the weekend in Little Rock, AR at the Clinton Presidential Library celebrating the birthday.

The Girl Scout exhibit at the Library

Replica of the oval office as it was set up in the White House during the Clinton Administration.

We took a trolley to the famous Peabody Hotel to see the Duck March.

The ducks march into the hotel fountain at 11am and march back out at 5pm each day. The Girl Scouts were honorary Duck Masters. It was the sweetest thing to see them strut there stuff on the red carpet. Our girls got to be lined on the red carpet to keep the ducks from cutting the corners. We got a sweet certificate that the girls will always have and remember.

Our trolley shut down at 5:45 so we had to walk back to the Library. The girls found this hill and posed for us. Looking at this photo I can't help but remember these girls as Daisy Girl Scouts and think about how much they have grown and are growing into young women.

We had lots of drama over the weekend with them so I was ready to get home. I realized how out of shape I really am. Walking so much I have aches all over. I have to find the time to exercise more.
I am also very glad I took today off on PTO to just have a day to myself before hitting the grind again on Tuesday.

In honor of Girl Scouts this week Do a Good Turn Daily this week!!

On my honor
I will try
to serve God and my Country
To help people at all times
and be a Sister to every Girl Scout

No comments: