Monday, May 4, 2009

GOING BACK IN TIME

Guess what I have been making???


Hello Laura Ingalls!




Coco is taking a field trip tomorrow to a one room school house. They encouraged the children to dress in period clothing and bring their lunches like a child would have back at that time. I made her the pillowcase dress, we had the cape and we borrowed the bonnet and the lunch pail. Doesn't she look adorable. Minus the razorback on her cheek. That came off in the shower tonight. She is going to have to wear some of my long socks and her tennis shoes but at least they are brown with a little pink. As for food that is a tough one with her recent braces. I got some popcorn chicken and potato wedges at the store tonight and we'll figure something out in the morning. I wish we would have done things like this when I was a kid. Oh maybe we did and I just don't remember it.
Scott just told me to make me a dress like that and he would be the Indian that finds the lost little wagon train girl!!!!!!!!!!! He's a goofball.
Blessings,
Pam

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow she does look like Laura Ingles! How sweet and a great idea. I wish I could sew!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea, she looks great! I wanna come too!

Unknown said...

How cute! I dressed like Laura for character day at school one time. Great job!

Rhonda said...

Hey Pam,
How are you? Hope your enjoying your 'new'/'old' job again! I think you are awesome...so come on over and pick up an award I have for you!

Rhonda said...

Happy Mother's Day Pam!!! Enjoy!