Friday, April 9, 2010

5 YEARS



Last night I was treated to dinner by our Girl Scout Service Unit. Well me and a bunch of other fabulous girls that give their time and heart to Girl Scouts. We ate at Johnny Carinos, I had the baked cheese tortelini. Oh it was so yummy. It was very nice of our service unit to treat us when we should be treating them. They are a group of women that all have their own troop plus volunteer to keep our little part of the state going.

I received a couple of awards for perfect attendance at the unit meetings, Leader appreciation and my 5 year pin. It is hard to believe it has already been 5 years since Coco started as a little Daisy. There were my 5 year, a 10 year and a 15 year pins given. What a great thing to be involved for 10 & 15 years.

Girl Scouting is always looking for volunteers so if you are so inclined check out your local council office. I know help would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't pay well but the memories and knowing you might be making a difference in a girls life is well worth it.

1 comment:

4shepherds said...

Congrats Pam!! You deserve it and Colby is one lucky little girl!!