Thursday, July 10, 2008

Here We Go Again

Girl Scout meetings are starting again. Our area is undergoing some major changes. Service units are merging all over the place. Instead of Noark Girl Scout Council we are now Girl Scouts-Diamonds of the Ozarks, Delta and Piney Woods.

That is a mouthful!

They obviously didn't ask my opinion on the name!

Our service unit was merged with 3 others so we are much bigger. I think that is going to be a good thing. Hopefully more opportunities for the girls.

I love being a leader, I just wish all the parents took it more seriously! We can only do so much with 3-4 hours a month!

If you have a girl in Girl Scouts please take the time to get involved with her leader and volunteer to help out. It would mean the world to her leaders and co-leaders.

On a different note. Did any of you hear about the guy that is suing Zondervan and Thomas Nelson Publishing. He is homosexual and blames them for printing in the bible that homosexuality is a sin. And that has caused the world to reject him and his choices.

What is the world coming to? Don't answer I know!

I told Scott about it and first thing he says is "It'll never happen". I want to believe that but then I think about 1 women's actions taking prayer out of our schools. I get so passionate about fighting things like this but then I don't know what to do. Of course I pray but what can I do here on earth to make a difference? Oh, it just gets me all riled up.

I have been working on a cool project that I will show you tomorrow. It is something I copied off the Nester.

Time for bed!
Blessings
Pam

No comments: