Sunday, August 2, 2009

MINI VACATION DAY 3 JULY 27TH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! The 27th was my 41st birthday. We had to check out of the hotel by 11am so we made use of the pool at 9am. i was a wimp and thought it to cold, but Coco and Scott had loads of fun. The poor girl can't do anything in the water without holding her nose. I think we are going to look for some swimming lessons to break this habit. Scott tried to teach her to dive but her little legs would bend and she would fall in the water instead of diving. She would rather do this anyway.
Over and over! Thank goodness Scott is a strong boy!
After we checked out we went to lunch at Olive Garden and then drove north to Bass Pro in Springfield. Oh we couldn't be so close and not go. I know they have one at Branson Landing but he was looking for something particular and hoped the outlet in Springfield would have it. No such luck but he did get himself a digital camera that you attach to a tree in the woods. It takes photos every few seconds so he can see what is going on at his honey hole.
We had dinner theatre tickets for Dixie Stampede at 5:30 so we headed back to Branson.




Such a beautiful building and grounds.

We were not allowed to take photos inside the show but this cute girl was nice enough to pose with Coco for me. Don't you just love Coco's hat? We bought that at the shop in the hotel. She is really into hats this year.
Since I couldn't take pictures of the show, I took pictures everywhere else. This is the bathroom. Isn't it darling.
I love the stall doors. We were Southerners and sat on the south side during the show too.



I did get this photo inside the theatre before they got on to me. It is the table setting when you get there. You can't tell in the picture but there is no silverware, you use your hands for everything.

We ate creamy veggie soup, a whole little chicken, herbed potato wedge, cheese biscuit, pork tenderloin, apple turnover and all the pepsi or tea you wanted. The food was very good.

These are the horse stalls when you walk in. All the horses they use during the show are here.

I thought Willow was a beautiful horse!
After Dixie we stopped at Gator Golf because Scott had promised Coco we would play again before leaving. Then we walked over to Andy's frozen custard before driving home. We made it home before 11pm and we both had taken Tuesday off so we hung out at home for the day resting up before going back to work.
So that was our vacation for this year, it wasn't Destin but that's ok we are already planning to go back to Destin next spring.
I didn't get to my scrapbooking today, I got up late again, didn't make it to church but I did get the house cleaned and most of the laundry done for the week. It was a great day and I just realized it is 11:21pm and I have to go to work tomorrow. So goodnight, I gotta get to bed.
Blessings,
Pam









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time of it! My son has one of those night cameras, and it did show him the deer coming to his stand, neat!

4shepherds said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I forgot my husbands by a day this year so you are not the only one I forgot! LOL