Sunday, August 30, 2009

OUR DREAM HOME

Thank you all for your sweet comments and your prayers.

Here are a few photos of the house we want.

I can think of so many things I could decorate this front area with.

This is my favorite thing in the entire house. Can you just imagine having dinner out there on the deck while little deer are running through the back yard.... I have the decor picked out for it too....


Here is the kitchen. It is small but so cute and cozy. I don't have space above my cabinets now and would love to decorate these. I also love the set of cabinets to the left perfect for serving or as a drink station for a party.
We are looking at a couple more options before we make a decision. I know we can't sell ours in time and this one might have sold this weekend. It has got us thinking about what we should do. I didn't get a sign up like I said I was going to do. God is slowing guiding me to just slow down and really think things through before going in debt for 2 homes. I know that we could rent our current one easily but Scott is not convinced that is the best way to go. So who knows. Please pray for guidance and God's will for us, not our own.

This weekend we had the privilege of going to a Beth Moore simulcast at a local church in our area. She was inspiring as ever. She cracks me up.
Here we are on Friday night after a yummy dinner at Red Lobster. From l to r my Mom, Aunt Thelma, Me and Aunt Donna. Big sister Tammy Lou took the photo for us. I have to wish Tammy Lou a very Happy Birthday. We celebrated on Saturday. Maybe she will blog about her gifts she got from me (hint). This was a first time to hear Beth for Mom and my aunts. They enjoyed it Friday night but didn't make it back on Saturday morning. They missed the best part of course....
Beth talked on Psalms 37: 1-8 and focused on verse 4, Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Yes the "S" is in bold on desires.....
She gave us 7 points based on this one verse. I am always amazed at how God gives her so much from just 1 scripture.
I am terrible with memorizing scripture but Beth gave us a idea for memorizing based on the alphabet. Like verse 4 above would be a great verse for the letter "D". So I am going to be asking the Lord to give me some verses for memorizing and I will share what he impresses upon me. I will also share this week the 7 points Beth gave based on this 1 verse.
Saturday night we helped with a benefit for our friend Beth with cancer. There was a poker run Saturday and a dinner and silent auction Saturday night. It was a huge success and I am so thankful for all the people that rode in the run and showed up for the dinner and auction. God is good and there are still people in the world with a heart for giving. It gives you hope, when so many times you hear such awful stories in the news. Northwest Arkansas is a great place to live and serve.
I am off to watch Designers Challenge on HGTV while Scott plays Dangerous Hunts on Wii. I am hearing growling bears in the background. LOL
Blessings,
Pam

5 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a wonderful home! I love the front AND the back. That is a great porch!

I hope everything works out! Have a wonderful week!

XOOX
Jen

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Things always are better when we let God do the leading. Wise decision.

Stay Cozy, God knows which house he wants for your family!
Carrie

Rhonda said...

What a nice home. Praying for you all. God wants to give you His best. Hang in there! Keep us posted!

I just love Beth Moore but didn't make it. That is the church Cameron was baptized at under the 3 crosses!

Unknown said...

That house would be so much fun to decorate inside and out! Becareful about renting your old home out, I did that once and never again! Good luck, all will work out!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real money.
It gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]