Tuesday, September 1, 2009

NOTES FROM BETH MOORE SIMULCAST

I promised that I would share my notes from the simulcast with Beth Moore.

She spoke on Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. NIV

She gave us 7 points for this one verse.

1. Nothing dictates our lives like our desires.
What is my hearts desire?
What do I want my life's legacy to be?
These are some hard questions. I go through life just a going on and on and on, I have never stopped to really deep down think about my hearts desires. I want the same thing everyone else wants, health, happiness, my daughter to love the Lord, for her to have a great life, a long loving marriage. So I am meditating on this for a while.

2. Beneath the desires of our hearts is the heart of our desires.
Am I wanting something just to hide something else? God will not say no flippantly to your hearts desire unless it brings glory to him or it is your destiny. What is present in the absence of his answer to your prayer? God knows us way better than we know ourselves.
This is where the faith and trust come in. So hard but so necessary.

Beth always brings scripture to life for me. She digs deep and requires it of you too. That is why I love her studies. I will share more tomorrow .

I have a prayer request. My uncle past away unexpectedly on Sunday night. Please pray for acceptance and peace for our family and especially his 2 sons as they make all the arrangements for his funeral and the life of living without their Daddy.

Blessings,
Pam

1 comment:

Saucy said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, letting me know that you are in Arkansas - a place I really, really would like to see.

Some day, Veto and I want to tour all of the States and I am most especially intrigued with the south. See you then??