Thursday, October 8, 2009

STORMY

Very stormy in our area tonight. I was at our Girl Scouts Service Unit meeting when it hit and all these women were getting calls about tornado warnings. Scary but I made it home. I couldn't see but I made on a wing and a prayer!

It has been a busy week at work so I am behind on everything else. At the meeting they kept talking about forms I was supposed to have and I was trying to remember where I put them. I really need a home organizer to come set me straight. Slowing down would probably help.

Our friend Beth was taken to hospice today. The cancer has taken over and there is nothing more mere medicine can do. The doctor says she will have a week or two. It is so hard to believe that this is the end of her life. It is so hard to know what to say or do. Even though she hadn't been told she knew. She had a talk with her 2 girls yesterday about it and she wasn't told until this morning. Several things have happened in the past few days that make me think she knew it was getting close. She has been very brave throughout this journey but God must have bigger and better plans. I pray that her husband and daughters and all the other family find comfort and peace through God. He will their rock in the next few weeks. Please add them to your prayers.

Blessings,
Pam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm thankful we live on hill with all this rain, record rains here. Hope your staying dry. It always amazes me how strong people can be like your friend, by the grace of God.