Monday, September 1, 2008

LABOR DAY

It has sure been a day of labor for me.

I have been hard at work since about 10am this morning. After watching hurricane news I decided to get some things finished that have been on my list all summer. I power washed the front steps and railings. Then painted the railings and front door black. My door had been red for several years and I have wanted to paint it black and my dear hubby will now hopefully get busy making me some shutters that will also be black.
I also started getting my fall stuff out. I remade a old wreath that I had in the garage. The glare from the glass door makes it kinda hard to see.


I put some pumpkins on the shelf I have in the dining room. This is the shelf I bought with some birthday money my cousins gave me.

I bought this little pumpkin the other day. I splurged when I went to Hobby Lobby to buy a birthday present and a secret sister gift. Isn't it cute, it is curly q cut outs. My favorite so far this season.
I feel great getting so many things accomplished today. I still have a few more things to do. Like put the sheets back on the bed, make dinner, ironing for the week since I will be working a couple of nights this week and vacuum up the mess I made working on the wreath.
I think God answered some prayers for Louisiana. It isn't over for them down there, but the hurricane slowed down to a category 2 instead of going up to a 5 like they were predicting last night. Praise God that everyone heeded the warnings and got out of town. But we can't stop praying, there are several more storms out there swirling around heading toward the US. Hannah is headed to our east coast sometime this week. I pray that she slows down too.
Hope everyone has a great week. I look forward to seeing all the fall decor on the blogs this week.
Blessings,
Pam

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great!! I need you to come over and get me going on that!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
Stacy

Shannon said...

Everything is looking so good! I love all your pumpkins and especially your new one!