Wednesday, January 14, 2009

GETTING BETTER

I am feeling much better about being unemployed. I went to apply for unemployment benefits today and it went much better than I expected. We are going to have to be frugal but I think we will make it.

I went in to the office to clean out my desk and all but 1 person just hung their heads. I am sure they are feeling like it could have been them. Actually it should have been 2 of them but that was not my decision. I just can't speak Spanish! I don't blame them at all and I am sure they were uncomfortable, didn't know what to say or whatever.

I am struggling with letting this get me down. I was up Monday night until 3am crying and getting angrier by the minute. Tuesday I called HR and asked a lot of questions and the girl that laid me off was very helpful and considerate. She let me vent and then in a very nice way told me not to let those feelings get to our branch so that I didn't risk burning a bridge. She even sounded hopeful that I would be called back in the future. Hopefully I will find something I love and I can turn them down.

On to something different. Another blogger Jenna is need of our prayers. She delivered a precious baby boy last night and he is having some problems. Please pray for fast healing for both so that they can be together and Brayden will continue to improve without any more complications.

Blessings,
Pam

5 comments:

4shepherds said...

I am Proud of you and if anyone can make good come out of this , Pam it is you!! Keep your chin up!! Now you should be able to keep my kids anytime right??? LOL I knew I could make you smile!!
Love Ya!!!

Jessica said...

Oh, bless your heart. How frustrating is the whole situation?? Praying for you! : )

Stacia said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and wanted to comment. I know that you will make the best of this and when one door closes another opens.
I have a HUGE issue and have chosen not to blog about it just yet but it makes my heart ache.
I will be praying for you~
Stacia

Carrie said...

Hi Kim, I just wanted to come by and tell thank you for coming by my blog and entering my giveaway!!

I also wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your job loss. I too am in the Banking industry, so I know how rocking things are right now.

We were just told that we will not be getting raises this year, and I work for a pretty large Bank. UGGHHH!!

So after insurance costs goes up and no raises, I will offically be making less than I did last year. Go figure!!

Oh, BTW...I hope you don't mind but I added you to my bloglist!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

Cathy said...

Pam,
I am so sorry to hear this. I sooo totally understand your feelings towards the others that still have their jobs. We, too, weren't prepared financially for the cut, but we should have been as well, since we knew it was coming. You are right to lift this up to God.......He knows where you are supposed to be and will lead you there. I will keep my eyes and ears open and let you know of anything I hear of.

Cathy