Saturday, January 17, 2009

VERY BLESSED

This has got to be one of the toughest weeks of my life. As I read all the blogs today with so many lifting the Stamps family and Jenna up in prayer. I am realizing just how blessed we are.

Scott spent all day and I mean all day helping others. He and a friend worked on widening a doorway for a terminally ill woman so that she would be able to use her wheelchair. This is a family that he met when he hosted a squirrel hunt back in the fall. The husband was not a christian at that time and I don't know what that situation is today, but he has been shocked time and again for the help our group has shown him

He spent the afternoon taking wood and food to another family that he doesn't know. He heard about them from our church and took wood to them this week because they can't afford to use the furnace so they are using wood fireplace only. After doing that the Lord laid it on his heart to take them food and more wood. That is what he did this afternoon. He has the biggest heart in a man that I know. I am so grateful that the Lord gave me this man. He is 6 foot 4 and a big man but he has the sweetest heart and would give you anything. He has given me so much in our 9 years together when he could have done something he wanted!

I am still having trouble with being unemployed. Trying to see the positive in it. I really was very fortunate that I received 7 weeks of severance , I will get unemployment benefits and still get to work for Tammy Lou about 12 hours a week. We should be fine financially if I can eventually find another job. There are some circumstances that might have a impact on me getting my old job back. I read a blog today where the girl called herself a domestic engineer. I like the sound of that. I should change my profile. I plan to get out of my funk and start taking advantage of the time off. I am making a list of things I want to do and projects I can finish up.

First on my list is next week I am going to get up just like I was going to work so that I don't waste each day sleeping and feeling sorry for myself! I have to remember how blessed we are.

Please remember Jenna and Kelly in your prayers tonight and don't stop praying for these girls and their babies. Kelly's Dad wrote a post tonight about all the babies in NICU and it just touched my heart. So lets remember all those babies that might not be getting the prayers that Brayden and Harper are getting. I just can't imagine what they are going through. I will be giving my little girl a few more hugs tonight and thanking the Lord for her, even though 8.5 years ago I was in a place that I didn't know if I would bring her home!

Wishing all of you blessings tonight!
Pam

No comments: