Monday, January 12, 2009

IT HAPPENED

What I have been afraid of happened today!

I got the ax! My job was part of a reduction in workforce!

As of 1:00 pm today I am unemployed. I haven't been unemployed since I was 16 years old.

I am a tad bitter about this but it is what it is! What in the world are we going to do????

I don't know the answer to that just yet but I suppose we will take it as it comes!

The scary part for me is that we are not prepared financially even though the mortgage business as been in the tank for awhile now! Looking back we ,so should have been saving for a day like this.

Another thing is that I haven't had to look for a job in 13 years. The jobs in banking have always came to me. What the heck do I do?

They did offer me a straight commission job as a loan officer. Yeah what a good job that would be when no one is buying houses right now! I was processing the loans before.

God brought me that job at a time when I didn't think I could make it another minute at my last employer so I trust that he has something better in mind. It might not be my choice but he knows what I need and where I am needed. This could be a lesson about money that I need, whatever the outcome I will trust in him to lead me.

If anyone has any leads on jobs in NWA, please send me the info and please pray for me to follow where God leads.

Blessings,
Pam


2 comments:

Tammy Lou said...

Hang in there. He will direct you in the way you need to go, Just have faith in him. We Love You.

Unknown said...

Hi Pam, I need your email addy for the Valentine swap, but after reading your post, you may want to think about it? I'm so sorry to hear you lost your job, my hubby got laid off for most of last week, he got called back but we don't know for how long, it's still up in the air. Like you, we have no savings, so even though making up for a few days will be tight, it's better than making up for a few weeks or months. And he wasn't laid off long enough to start unemployment, but we trust God to provide, he always does. Love you quote up top! You will find something else, get your unemployment and trust God. Let me know if you still want to do the card swap, it may just be the thing you need, nothing like lots of pretty cards in your mailbox! Hugs!