Sunday, November 23, 2008

HEART OF TULSA

We had a wonderful time together in Tulsa yesterday. The Heart of Tulsa craft fair was so fun. I found lots of bargains. Unfortunately I woke up on Saturday with a very sore throat and it has continued to get worse. It is painful to swallow. I didn't let that stop me from going with the girls, but today I feel even worse. I am ashamed to say I didn't make it to church this morning and I want to go back to bed. Maybe after this post. Is anyone else having such horrible allergies this season? I can't seem to shake the allergies this year. Constant congestion and now the sore throat again, it has only been 2 weeks since I was at the doctor for this. Maybe those antibiotics didn't kill whatever thing I have. Guessing tomorrow I will be back to the doc!!!

I want to show ya'll what I got yesterday. This is my aunt Thelma, Mama and Me. Aren't they just the cutest! We don't get to hang out like this to often so I really enjoyed spending the day with them.

I found this purse 50% off so I couldn't pass it up. The black wallet was also 50% off. I got both for $28 dollars! Love a great bargain. The red wallet is a small clutch type. It was only 12.50 and I didn't see them anywhere else at the fair for under $20. I probably would have spent the $20 because I have wanted one for awhile. We all four bought a purse like the one above , but in different colors. Tammy Lou talked me into this tote bag. She was getting one and I liked it but was on the fence. As I was looking this one with the "C" was already monogrammed and then another one with a "P" so I think it was meant to be. She had to wait for hers to be monogrammed but mine was all ready. We are both addicted to tote bags.

We stopped at Old Time Pottery and I found more Christmas balls and ribbon in the brown tones. I plan to do a tree in our bedroom in the browns, rusts, and golds. The balls were only $2.99 and the ribbon was $3.99. Much more affordable than the ones I bought at Hobby Lobby last week. I can't wait to get this up and decorated. I hope to link to Boomamas Christmas tour so you will get to see all of our Christmas decor.

After the fair we had lunch at Mimi's which is one of my favorite spots. I didn't get any photos of our lunch together. We also stopped at Ross's to have a look see. I love Ross, it takes time to look around everything but you can find some great deals if you take your time. I bought a vest and Coco some winter shirts for school.

The shopping ended up being just about us. We all spent more on ourselves than buying Christmas presents, which we all thought was pretty funny. I guess we needed this girls day out. I have to say it again I had a great time with my girls!

Please pray that this illness goes away. Especially the sore throat. I really want to be able to eat all the Thanksgiving goodness that Mama prepares for us. I have been focusing on all the things I am Thankful for this year and my Mama and our family is at the top of list. I don't know what I would do without them. They make me happy!!!!

Blessings,
Pam




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you all had such a great time!! I hope you get to feeling better!
Stacy

Denise K. said...

Oh what fun finds!!! You did great on your shopping excursion! The best part I'm sure was spending time with your aunt and mom...what a blessing! Yes, I will pray that you can get this illness gone so you can enjoy your Thanksgiving, and all that I'm sure you have to do in the coming weeks. It is such a busy time, and there is no time to get sick! Praying for restored health, and a blessed Thanksgiving! :-)