Thursday, June 17, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME

Whew it is good to be home. Coco and I met my sister and her family in Ozark Arkansas for a couple of days of camping. They have been there all week on the Arkansas River. We had a wonderful time. Coco did not want to come home today. We spent Wednesday afternoon at the city pool and my sun allergy rared its ugly head which made me very uncomfortable and itchy. I have been researching this all evening. I have diagnosed myself with polymorphous light eruption. My skin is photosensitive and I develop a rash on my shoulders, upper arms and chest. This only happens in the summer and it seems to be getting worse as I get older. The treatment???? More sun in small incriments after the rash clears up with some corticosteroid cream. I am going to try to get in to see a dermatologist tomorrow.

Do you know someone with this problem??? What do they do???

Anyhoo, we had a good time. My sister has a really nice RV with air conditioning so sleeping was very cool. I slept with the kids in the bunk room. Above each bed is a light so I was able to read before going to sleep which I love to do. It had all the comforts of home and made me want one even worse than I did. We roasted hotdogs last night over a fire, there is nothing better than a hotdog over a fire at camp. We did lots of visiting, playing washers, kids rode their bikes all over and played in the mud puddles after a short rain last night.  This morning we went to Clarksville to eat breakfast and do a little shopping. We had to be back by noon for lunch with Tammy's inlaws that were also camping. We had barbque beef, coleslaw, fried potatoes, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and more. It was a great meal. Kudos to the cooks. After lunch Tammy and Michael took all the kids back to the pool while I took a nap and got my truck packed to come home.

Coco was very upset with me because I wanted to come home. She was pretty hateful and snotty to me. I finally told her to not talk to me anymore and I turned up the radio. She fell asleep until we got to Fayetteville. When she woke up she apologized for the way she acted, told me she overreacted (her words) because she was tired, hot and cranky. It was worth the little spat we had to hear her tell me she overreacted!!! Love it.

I am glad to be home. Tomorrow is my last official week day of unemployment. I start my new job on Monday. I am going shopping tomorrow to hopefully find a few things to wear to work. I will miss my sleeping in and freedom of having all day to do what I want but I look forward to the structure of having a daily schedule. I think I can get more done when I have a schedule. We will also be celebrating Father's Day with Scott and his dad this weekend. My Father is in Heaven celebrating with Jesus but we miss him and wish he were here to see how wonderful his son in laws are as Fathers. Tammy and I are very blessed with wonderful husbands that are great Fathers. I could go on and on about both my husband and my bro in law! Great Daddys and husbands.

I will post photos from our camping adventure later. Hope you all have had a great week.

No comments: