Thursday, October 13, 2011

FREEZER MEALS

I am addicted to Pinterest. Are you?

I have like 26 boards, so many things to love and things to try.

I have wanted to do some freezer cooking for EVER!

After pinning a zillion pins about freezer cooking I finally took the leap.

Yesterday afternoon I ran into the store and bought beef and chicken.

I came home browned the ground beef into 1 italian for spaghetti and 2 taco meats.

I boiled a bag of skinless / boneless chicken breasts with onions and green peppers.

We had tacos for dinner and then I froze all the rest.

I now have 4 meats ready to go in the freezer and 3 cups of chicken stock to add to soups or stews.

This was done in a very short time. It will really help in the next few weeks when I start my new job.

Next on my list is to actually make up some full meals to freeze.

I am thinking if I can do 3-4 each weekend I can stock up our freezer for the winter.

The fall craft fairs are in town so I am off to do a little crafting today.

Have a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!!! Isn't Pinterest the best thing since the magazine! lol

Kelley said...

That sounds great! I love Pinterest too!