Sunday, June 8, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

I have some really funny conversations with children today at church.

Isaac: Ms Pam, my brother pee's on me.

Me: Oh, why does he do that?

Isaac: He just likes to do it and I don't like to be wet either!


Me: Sara, you have lost your front tooth!

Sara: Yes and I have to eat slower.

Kam: I haven't lost any teeth and I won't until I turn 6.

Me: You have beautiful teeth Kam.

Kam: The tooth fairy brought my Poppy a gold tooth.

Me: She did, a real gold tooth?

Kam: yes, Ms. Pam how do they get that gold tooth back in your mouth?

Me: I don't know Kam.

Kam: I bet she uses glue and just sticks it back in your mouth while you are asleep.


I was getting dinner ready last night and Coco was changing clothes (again). She put on her old dance leotard and comes into the kitchen and says "Mom does this make my butt look big?"
WHAT? she is only 7 years old, where does she get this stuff? She is to little to worry about this junk. I just laughed it off and told her of course not. That is one of those things where I have to shake my head and wonder!!!

I need to be getting ready for the girl scout Luau that I am having in an hour and a half. This is where we will pass out the patches and awards they have earned this year. We have had a lot of fun learning to sew , about animals, being in a play, traveling, cooking, manners, and camp. Now we did not go on a traditional camping trip. I am not wired that way ( i know that I will have to break down and take them real camping but i hope a camping mother will show up to handle that patch) Our camping trip consisted of us staying at the lodge on the girl scout camp site. It was a huge lodge and we had a great time.

Tomorrow will be our last outing of the year. I have made up a scavenger hunt at the mall for them. They will have a camera and find all the things and take a photo of them at each place and thing. Like In Girl Scouts we do lots of arts and crafts, find a store with the same name (Arty Crafty) or William loves to cook, find a place where he might sell his wares (William and Sonoma). Won't that be fun. We will end at Build a Bear making a bear!

Hope ya'll are having a fabulous Sunday!

No comments: