Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday began with the Taylor Swift concert. She is a very talented young girl. I didn't realize she had written all the songs on her first album. One she wrote when she was 12 years old. WOW.

We were a little disappointed with the timing of the concert. It was supposed to start at 7:30 and the opening band Love and Theft came on at 8:20 and Taylor didn't come on until 9pm or so. The kids got kinda bored waiting.

We did get to do alot of people watching. I really need to get out of my small town more. I was shocked at how some of the young girls were dressed. Some of the outfits were so short and showed way to much skin.

I know I am a big girl but some of the really large women wore strapless shirts and dresses. I mean come on we don't want to see all that!!!!

All in all we did enjoy ourselves. Coco says it wasn't what she expected and she isn't in a hurry to see another concert. :(



I took Coco up as close to the stage to get these close-ups of Taylor.

Her eyes look a little weird.

Singing along to "Our Song". She was a little shy about letting go and having fun. I embarrassed her by yelling and enjoying myself. :)


Me and Coco standing in line for a mile before getting into the center for the concert.
My sis Tammy Lou and her son Jake. Thanks for going with us !!!

Saturday: Tammy and her family came up to our house to hang out. Tammy and I went to the mall to get my haircut and then toured some of the homes on the Parade of Homes.
We only made it to a few in Benton County. I was a little disappointed because most of them were staged for the tour instead of people actually living in them. I love the Christmas tour where they are homes that are lived in and decorated. Great way to get ideas.
While we did that, Michael and Scott kept the kids at my house. They played and went swimming all afternoon. Coco loved having her cousins here to play. I have to get the vacuum out to get all the grass collected as they ran in and out. A little grass is worth all the fun had by all of us!
We got supper at McD's and Subway before they went home. Great time. We have to do this more often.
Sunday: We had church this morning. My kids were in rare form today. I am surprised I have a voice after trying to talk over them all morning.

Scott and I have asked our director to find someone to teach our class. We feel it is time to go to a sunday school class for us to be fed. I will miss those little boogers. They have taught me alot!
After church and lunch, I took a 2 hour nap while Scott and Coco washed and cleaned the car and truck. I don't deserve such a terrific man!
We did a little swimming and now Scott is gone to get burgers to grill.
A great weekend! What did ya'll do???



1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've never tried Mary Kay eye cream, but I will definitely check it out. It looks like you had a good weekend. I slept in, which for me is a treat!