Friday, August 29, 2008

WASTE NOT WANT NOT

Since we started this budget thing. I feel like that is all I think about. Might be good. Might be bad. We'll see. Yesterday as I was paying bills I opened our bank statement. Usually never even open it, I just put in the file. Well, I decided to see what we had been spending on. I added up all the dining out debit charges. Oh my, from 7/25 - 8/25 we spent $352.?? on eating out. That is not counting what we spent using cash, so it is probably more like $400 or more. That might not sound like much to some people but we spend $500 a month on groceries too. That is almost a mortgage payment for some. When I think of all the things that I could use that money for, it just makes me sick that we have been wasting our money like this. Mcdonalds, Chick fila, Arbys, etc were alot of the debits from eating on the run. Not only are we wasting money, we are not eating very healthy either.

We did great this week eating at home and sticking to the menu's I had planned. We had to tweak it a little here and there. Wednesday Scott made hamburger helper and I made him a bowl for lunch the next day and before going to bed I put the taco meat that I had made on Sunday in the fridge to thaw. Well, my boy took the taco meat instead of the hamburger helper to work. He didn't realize it until lunch time. Poor guy, I felt bad for him all day because I noticed it first thing the next morning.

Since I have Monday off from work I will spend some of it cooking up things for the week again. I would like to do at least 3 meals. I could have to crock pots going and something in the oven. It is much easier when part of the meal is completed. I'm not confident on how well complete meals freeze so I need to research some good one pot meals that will freeze well. If you have any recipes, I would love to have them. Forward them to me at pamc001 at centurytel dot net.

I gotta go take my sleep aid and try to get to sleep. I have to be up at 4:45am to be at work by 6am.

Enjoy your labor day weekend.

Blessings,

Pam

No comments: