Friday, May 9, 2008

DREAMING OF SUN AND SAND

We are off to the beach. Bags are packed. 2 cameras ready. Snacks and Sprite Zero loaded up. Friends are watching the house and animals. I think that is it. If not we can get it when we get there. To bad we aren't 21 anymore when we could throw the bikini, cutoffs and flip flops in a bag and go. Now I have to take a zillion outfits and shoes to match and Colby does to. If I get to buy anything I will have to ship it home b/c there is no more room in our trunk. I will have a SUV before I go back next year.

I won't get to blog from the beach so my lovely and talented sister Tammy Lou will be updating the blog for me. Maybe this will give her the push she needs to start her own blog.

Update on my friends and family:

Uncle Cecil is not doing well. The doctors have told them it will be a few days and he will pass away. I am sad about that but I keep thinking about the party in heaven when he gets there. Can you imagine getting to sit at the feet of Jesus or see Moses or David or I could go on and on. I don't want to leave my people just yet but what a wonderful feeling to know that someday I am gonna meet all of them. Praise the Lord.

Beth went in on Wednesday for test results and they gave her the first Chemo treatment. She had the MRI yesterday and they found cancer in both breasts. Please pray for guidance and strength for her. I know that it would be horrible just trying to work yourself through the first weeks of this. Fear, anger, confusion, worry, devastation, she is probably feeling all these and more.

Stacy is in Kansas today to see how her medication is working for the Graves disease. As I told ya'll before she will have radio active treatment in July if nothing happens before then.

Thank all of you who are praying. Please keep them lifted up to him. You might say one for us for the next week while we are traveling.

I will be back to blogging soon.

Blessings,
Pam

No comments: