Friday, May 2, 2008

UMMM

Colby was in our bedroom and I had the fan on. She asked why I always had it on and I told her that I needed it to sleep and it keeps the room cool. She says

"You don't need it, it costs us more electricity".

Next thing you know she will tell me to stop using paper towels or something. She keeps me on my toes. I will have to remember this when she is wasting our resources! Hey maybe that work we did on Using resources wisely in Girl Scouts really did sink in.



The bridal shower at work was really fun today. We did a lingerie shower and gave each guest a color and they had to buy the gift in that color. She got so many beautiful things. I wish I could have had a shower like that when I got married. Anyhoo while she was opening gifts I wrote down all the things she said and at the end I read it all back and told her this is what you will say on your wedding night. It was hilarious. Have you ever did that for a wedding or baby shower. Try it, it comes out with some crazy things.

I made the cake balls from Kelly's Korner and they were very yummy and everyone loved them. I did chocolate on chocolate. I forgot to take photos while I made them but I did get some at the party today.

Update on my friends. Beth got her test results today and she does have cancer. They are going to start with radiation to shrink it and then do a complete mastectomy. We are going down to see them tomorrow after the baby dedication. I got her the book by Jeana Floyd "An uninvited guest" it is a beautiful little book about Jeana's battle with breast cancer. I hope it will lift her spirits.

Stacy does have Grave's disease. They are going to treat her with radio active dye on July 1st. She has to wait b/c she just had some other dye test and they have to wait for that to be out of her system. When she does this in July she will be limited to a few minutes at a time with her girls b/c of the danger of them being affected by the radioactivity. This she says will go on for about 2 weeks. There is a lot of stuff she has to do so that she doesn't contaminate anyone else with the radio active stuff. Like flushing the toilet twice each time and cleaning it after each use. She won't even be allowed to sleep with husband. That is some strong stuff.

So please keep praying for these girls. I want to question Why is this happening to such young women, but I know that God is in control of everything and his ways are not our ways. As in my favorite verse He has a plan for us. We just have to keep remembering that. Whatever happens to any of us God is in control!

Blessings,
Pam

No comments: