Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday

Or rather what doesn't work for this weeks post. I don't have time to read all that to get the fancy WFMW banner but here is what doesn't work for me.

Don't allow those vacuum sales people into your home just b/c you think you can get the stain removed during their demonstration. Yes I did this. I knew I wasn't going to buy the thing but he was a nice kid and I did have a stain I wanted cleaned. We thought he was going to spend the night. He initially told me it would take 15-20 minutes. 2 hours later I had to tell him to leave and he didn't have a car. His supervisor was somewhere in the neighborhood in someone else's home. The poor kid had to stand out on the curb for another 30 minutes and he didn't even make the sale. I know I am gullible but no more I have become a rebel when people come to the door.

For more WFMW head over to www.rocksinmydryer.com

Blessings
Pam

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was in college I used to BE the vacuum sales people! Only we DID have cars and we made appointments so the people knew we were coming.

I still have the vacuum I sold to my Dad. It works great! LOL!

kari and kijsa said...

Wow! What a deal! Definitely a not to do!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

We have also had the Vacuum Saleman here and I can totally relate LOL
Stacy