Thursday, May 1, 2008

PRAYER REQUESTS

Hi blogging buddies. I need to request prayer for a couple of friends.

I received a call from my cousin Stacy this morning and she was scrambling to get to Kansas by 3:45 today b/c her doctor wanted her there for more tests. When I talked to her they were pretty sure she had Grave's disease which is a thyroid thing. Please pray for healing, strength, wisdom and knowledge for her and the doctors. Stacy is married to my cousin Kevin and they have the 2 girls I claim as my own. I know that she is scared and worried so just lift her up in prayer.

When we got home tonight Scott got a call from his best friend Vance and his wife Beth has breast cancer. Beth is in her early 30's with 2 beautiful little girls. We don't know everything yet but at this point they are planning chemo treatments. Please pray for healing and strength for her too. I know there are so many in the world fighting this dreadful evil thing but it really makes you think about your own future and all the people cancer affects.

We had our girl scout meeting tonight and we had fun. We finished up our Travel Right Try-it and planned for May and June. We usually end in May but we have so much we want to do it is probably going to be July before we break for summer. These girls are growing up so fast. Sunny made me a precious little book about how she loved girl scouts and me. That is when you know all the time and effort you put into something is worth it. To know that the sacrifices I make to be their leader is making a difference in their lives.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Just wanted you to know that I am praying!